- MSc Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India, 2020-22
- BSc (Honors) Chemistry, St. Stephen’s College, University of Delhi, 2017-20
It took Bhavnesh a year and a half of synthesizing and eluting spiropyran based metal sensors on columns to realize that he could harness his ideas about probing molecules better by shifting to the domain of theoretical chemistry. He worked on developing the wave-function based methods focusing on spectroscopic techniques during his master’s at IIT Bombay, India. He was a visiting summer scholar at the University of Minnesota, where he worked with Prof. Don Truhlar on benchmarking on-top density functionals for various properties. For his Ph.D., he aims to develop lower-scaling wave-function-based methods for strongly correlated systems. Not your usual cricket aficionado, in his spare time, when his computational jobs are running on the cluster in the background, you can find him with a hot cup of tea, brainstorming new business ideas and ruminating on the fate of his stocks in the share market.
Awards and Academic Achievements
- University of Chicago McCormick Fellowship, Sept 2022
- Tiara Stephen’s Award (2017-20)
- Meritorious award, University of Delhi (2019, 2020)